Sunday, July 25, 2010

Lucky charms and Leprechauns with pots of Gold


This is what we've come to know Ireland for. There is more to this emerald isle than that. Yes, there are lucky charms everywhere, the people are these charms. They are friendly, kind, funny and very helpful. Ireland is not a well signed place, meaning you will get misplaced rather quickly, but no need to fear the Irish are here. They will help you find your place.

I have noticed that in the various countries I have stayed in and the wide amount of cities that I have visited; that if a place is well signed the people have a tendency to be a bit rude. If the place is not signed well, the people are amazing. I wonder what that says about us? Here, in Ireland, I have been misplaced more times than I have in my entire life thus far. I have learned to enjoy the feeling of not knowing where in the world I am.

Now on to the leprechauns with these pots of gold! They do exist, yes it is true. I have met several of them while I was being misplaced. One of the first encounters, I was at a station named Howth. I was looking at a map trying to find a route back to were I was when I felt someone staring at me. I turned around and there he was! 5' nothing with a big smile on his face. He asked me if I was lost. I smiled and said "well I know I am here but where is here?" He smiled and said "follow me lass I'll get ya where ya needs to be." With that he laughed and showed me his pot of gold, his heart. See I think we were mistaken. It isn't a pot of gold it is a heart of gold. He went out of his way to make sure I got to where I needed to be. I couldn't thank him enough.

That is Ireland, so it's not a bad thing that the Irish are known for their lucky charms, and leprechauns with hearts of gold.

Next stop Scotland the land of kilts and bagpipes.

No comments:

Post a Comment