Tuesday, July 6, 2010

The path


Yesterday July 5th 2010, while sitting on a bus heading to Tooting Station, in Wandsworth London, I took my first true step on the path of enlightenment. Seated just 2 rows from the front of the bus, while music filled my ears, love and compassion filled my heart and soul. The first couple of days here were not as enjoyable as I thought they may be. I found it hard to meditate and to find solace. The rudeness of people was seen as such, then on the bus it started to clear. I saw not rude people, but people of different cultures and walks of life. That was when compassion filled me. Not thinking "these poor people." No, it was more "These people in a strange land away from what they know, rushed and huddled into situations that they don't know." How I loved them for their bravery. How I love them for breathing the air next to me and wanting a better life for themselves and their loved ones.
Some I felt compassion for just because they were weary and ached from a long days work, and though they receive pay, rarely do they receive gratitude. At one point a women came on the bus, it was clear she had some type of accident that scarred her face. She was carrying a baby, the baby was a sleep. She carried herself as she did her baby, guarded. I breathed in her discomfort and how she perceives peoples views of her, and I breathed out acceptance. She has to accept herself and not let what she thinks people are thinking of her bring her such ache. When she passed I smiled at the baby and her. The overwhelming love I felt made my heart thunder in my chest. That was when I realized I had taken my first step on the path.

I do love all even those that have caused me harm or who I may perceive as not being so nice. I wish no ill will towards anyone nor will I harm another human being or animal, as long as I have breath in my body.

There are so many joys in life, why would we focus on the negative when the positive is so very beautiful. Joy can heal and guide one through their darkest hour, so that they may find the path....

Namaste

No comments:

Post a Comment