Sunday, July 18, 2010

Belgium is more than chocolate and waffles


As I sit here I don't really know how to start. Belgium has so many facets to it. There truly is a lot of peace here, among the rude and snarky people. If one was to judge a place base upon it inhabitance, then we would never leave our backyard. On this journey of peace and enlightenment, I'm learning that all the time. Belgium is beautiful. The parks are like fairy tales with all types of flora and fauna about, the food is amazing, the easy of getting around it also amazing. Even though I ran into the occasional snob, it did not change the beauty of this place.

One day I spent just walking around ponds. I witnessed some of the most peaceful acts there. Couples laughing, kids playing, mothers nursing, and fathers being real fathers. I sat in one of the park for hours. Then I had the honour of walking amongst the vast cherry trees, that line the middle of a street. It was a moment of pure joy and happiness.

Belgium has so much love and peace within it's old streets one could hear it echo as you pass by an alley, just laughter echoing all about. This is a beautiful place and I made some beautiful friends (Melinda and Genneah) They enhanced the charm of this place just by their mere presence. I looked at Belgium through the natives eyes, I tasted it through their pallets and loved it through their hearts.

Belgium is more than chocolate and waffles, it is a home.

No comments:

Post a Comment