Sunday, July 25, 2010

Traveling Buddha


Hi,
I felt that my little Buddha needed a blog all to himself. When I set off on this journey I packed my little Buddha and some prayer beads. Every hotel I stayed in I had him there with the beads. I felt a sense of comfort knowing that I had little Buddha with me. I could turn over and just be reminded of the moment. See, this little statue was like a bell of mindfulness, I would look at it and smile and be mindful of the place I'm at and the things I'm thinking. Today, I looked at it for a longer period of time. I took a photo, and only through my lens did I see the connection. This little Buddha, my mindful focus, was just like me, or I should say I was just like him. He too is traveling. He carries a knapsack over his shoulder. Wow, what a coincidence, I too am on a journey with a knapsack over my shoulder. That moment of realization was intense. I feel the steps that I am taking on this path, are true and I can feel the path grown and undulate beneath my bare feet.

When I came here to Europe I started by staying at better hotels. The first one in London wasn't but that is not the point. The point is I am now staying in very meager accommodations and my next stop will bring me to the lowest point of this journey.

It seems that only at our base, our most denied do we truly see what is around us. I am grateful for this bit of knowledge. Thank you for stopping by. Will be posting the Ireland blog next.
Namaste

1 comment:

  1. Kindred, I have found throughout my life thus far that the most meaningful, peacefull, and happiest of times were when I had to exsist on very little or downsize my life. Since I have been taking this spiritual journey that I find myself on now, that simple life is so much more meaningful than ever before.

    When I travel, I look for hostels instead of hotels to stay in. I like the interaction with people I meet. I can hardly imagine traveling without getting to know the people in these places.

    ReplyDelete