Monday, August 2, 2010

Rob the Bruce and William Wallace


What a land they lived and loved on. Scotland. Many stories have been written about it's battles with England, many famous writers hale from here and many a bagpiper wearing their kilts proudly, still play familiar songs that make you smile. There is so much more to this land than that. The highlands, the Lochs, the people, the incredible vistas. For a photographer Scotland is natures light box. It's rich sunsets, violent threatening clouds, erratic showers with splashes of sunshine. the rolling hills with mist tumbling down them, all of this is about. Untraveled paths that promise a surprise that will take your breath away. I fell in love, head over heels with it all.

I had stated on one occasion that if a place is well signed than the people are rude and if a place is not, the people are wonderful. I will retract that statement. Scotland has the best of both. Perhaps I shouldn't have judged places, just maybe I learned to accept a place for what it is and not it's inhabitants.

Scotland wears her kilts proudly as she does her history, and I am honoured to have had this time with her, upon her Lochs and rolling within her glens. I will be back for Scotland has taken a piece of me that I must revisit.

Next stop Amsterdam. Friends and good times await.
Namaste

No comments:

Post a Comment