Thursday, September 2, 2010

New York, New York...


What can one say about one of the busiest cities in the world? It is amazing. As I walk the streets I call home, my eyes look around and drink in all the familiar things I love about this city. I was walking to work the other day and I noticed one of the many tour buses, that I didn't seem to pay attention to before. I felt a strong connection to the tourist which sat in the sweltering heat. They had that wonderment smile upon their redden faces. I remember that smile, that feeling of "wow, I am here!" Now I am the passerby that they see and wonder about. That moment was very special and I will hold it dear to my heart.

I am happy to say I am back to work, and am very grateful for it. I'm back in the gym and feeling the ache of not working out for over 9 weeks! I missed the macrobiotic spot that I love to frequent, the bookstores, the coffee shops, the over crowded antique shops and the transit system...It's good to be home.

Someone in Scotland told me I was a citizen of the world, I thought about it, and came to realize, yes, I am...My passport may say issued by The United States of America, but my soul says it's borne a Citizen of the world. Loving all, living in the now, and enjoying every breath I take.

Namaste

No comments:

Post a Comment